Throne Family – What a time to be alive!
While Greg Glassman’s 20 year old “Fitness In 100 Words” now appears to be the way to prevent all major lifestyle diseases and is becoming a major preventative against the damage that COVID-19 can do to our bodies, we must also make sure that we do everything in our power to keep infection rates LOW at CrossFit Throne (and in our greater community).
As you already know, your health and fitness is our priority. We have put together the following guidelines and protocols to ensure we keep our facility as clean as possible, and to some extent, go above and beyond the local, state, and federal guidelines regarding COVID-19.
If these protocols go as planned, then we’ll be able to expand the number of athletes per class without any additional risk.
- If you have any symptoms of COVID-19, contact Jon Harwood ASAP. DO NOT attend classes if you have any of the symptoms.
- No kids (other than the coaches kids) are allowed in the gym or the kids area.
- A hand sanitizer station is being placed near the entrance.
- All coaches have been trained on appropriate cleaning and disinfection protocols, hand hygiene, and respiratory etiquette.
- ALL people entering the gym should use hand sanitizer or wash their hands upon entering.
- Coaches have been informed that they should use hand sanitizer or wash their hands between classes.
- You will notice additional signage and workstation markings on floors.
- Effective social distancing should be observed in: waiting areas, the parking lot, and in the gym.
- Face coverings are HIGHLY recommended of the coaches, but they are NOT required of everyone. If you feel at risk, wear a facemask and be prepared to lower the intensity of your training; they are not easy to wear during workouts.
- Each athlete is granted a personal bag of chalk that for refill at Throne as needed.
- You must wear gloves when working out – we recommend synthetic heavy duty work gloves (like those made by Gorilla Grips or Mechanix Wear at Ace Hardware, Home Depot, Lowe’s, or Walmart).
- Maximum number of athletes per class is now set at 6. Down the road, we may add 1 or 2 more workstations provided we have success with 6.
- Athletes MUST reserve class times via Zen Planner , no drop-ins allowed. If you cannot make it to a reserved class, it is required that you cancel your reservation as soon as possible – other athletes are highly likely on the waiting list.
- Athletes should stay in their car or outside until their allotted class time.
- Cash payments for retail items (shirts, drinks, etc) are allowed but HIGHLY discouraged.
- Forehead temperature scan of all athletes, coaches, and volunteers is required prior to the entry and/or warm-up. Those displaying a body temperature in excess of 100 degrees Fahrenheit, ANY symptoms of COVID-19, or anyone who has been in direct contact with a person who has been confirmed as having COVID-19 will be sent home immediately.
- You, as an athlete and a member of this community MUST clean and sanitize your equipment AND/OR workstation floor after each class. Individual cleaning supplies are provided for each workstation.
- Coaches will inspect each area to ensure everything is as clean as the area was prior to the class.
- All trash and any personal belongings will be removed each day.