The good news Part 1: ANYONE can do CrossFit. What you may have seen in the media may NOT necessarily be CrossFit.
The good news Part 2: YOUR FIRST WEEK IS FREE!
The bad news: CrossFit removes illusions. If you thought you had reached the pinnacle of fitness – we have some challenges for you. If you thought that you couldn’t do any athletic endeavor, then we’ll show you what you CAN do.
EVERYONE needs to know how to move better – olympic lifters, grandmothers, doctors, police officers, stay-at-home moms, etc. Athletic prowess differs by intensity of movement… NOT kind.
Before arriving and jumping into a training session with us, here are some things you should expect from us:
- our space is not large enough for you to “hide in the crowd” – around 1000 square feet
- our trainers are VERY skilled at coaching and improving athletes’ movement patterns
- form and technique matters much MORE than the amount of mass moved – don’t get me wrong, we LOVE lifting heavy, but what’s heavy to one person may not be heavy to another; and you are only allowed to lift “your heavy” when you have the form and technique to back it up
- our community awareness is STRONG… we will know you’re new from the very start, and we will make every effort to get to know you in the short hour of time we have during your first visit
Here are some things we think might help you enjoy your FREE WEEK with us:
- be as well rested as possible before you arrive (8 hours of sleep minimum the night before)
- do NOT eat fried foods or drink sodas (diet or regular) for 24 hours before your first training session… more detailed and in-depth nutrition RECOMMENDATIONS are available
- be as well hydrated as possible – at a minimum, the Mayo Clinic recommends 80 ounces of water per day in a semi-arid climate… this is not a hard and fast rule, however, if your lips are chapped, then you probably aren’t getting enough
- wear loose fitting clothing and be prepared to MOVE
- complete our online and digital waiver – nothing to print!
- arrive about 5-10 minutes early
We are located near South Loop 289, just east of Slide Road on 69th Street.
If you (and/or someone you love) are ready for a PERMANENT life-change, then drop by, contact us on Facebook, send an email (email@example.com), and/or give us a call today (806-543-6359)!! If you’d like to wade into the water before jumping in, then check out our CF101 OR our Couch to CrossFit programs!