Welcome to the 2018 CrossFit Open! Beginning in February and ending in March, for 5 weeks, all athletes (some registered) from CrossFit Throne are competing against themselves and athletes from all over the world as they complete 5 different workouts (one workout per week). I encourage all athletes and their families to come show their support for the competitors – we always have an area set aside where you can watch without getting into the actual workout. Here are the things that you need to know:
- All athletes wishing to participate in the Open must be pre-registered through the CrossFit Open Games website prior to the workout. This is all done through CrossFit, Inc. and requires a $20 registration fee to CrossFit, Inc. You can register by going HERE.
- Athletes from other gyms are welcome to participate – please complete our online waiver before the workout. If you are visiting from another gym, please make sure we know you will be here at least 24 hours in advance by emailing email@example.com.
- Non-registered athletes may participate in the Open workouts; however, your time/score may not be validated by a judge.
- Each CrossFit Open workout is announced Thursday night @7PM. Rest-assured we begin reviewing the movements and standards that evening at CrossFit Throne.
- Details and standards of the workouts may be reviewed on the official CrossFit Open Games website.
- Open workouts at CrossFit Throne are scheduled each Friday 1PM-3PM during Open Gym, Saturday 1PM-3PM during Open Gym times, Sunday – BY APPOINTMENT, and the following Monday during ALL classes for the 5 weeks.
All registered athletes receive a full and in-depth review of the workout and the various movements standards. Athletes are encouraged to research and review the movements beforehand, but the official standards are reviewed in-full for each class.
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.