Fall 2015 UPDATES
Fall is in the air, and there are a TON of things I need to get in front of you. As usual, if I wait any longer to say anything, I’ll run out of room to get them to you. My goal is to send these to you more and more often, so hold me accountable for more timely information on a regular basis.
Here are the BIG items:
- Our 3rd Annual Trick or Treat Throwdown is scheduled FRIDAY evening, OCTOBER 30th, from 530PM until close. We are making this year’s version a partner WOD! Guests are welcome to attend IN COSTUME, all members may attend FREE PROVIDED THEY ARE IN COSTUME. As usual, this is a GOOD versus EVIL event… so pair-up with someone, pick a side, and get ready!
- The 5AM class every MWF is AWESOME! I regularly see 4-6 athletes at that class CONSISTENTLY! Get-up early and join us while everyone else is getting their beauty sleep!
- Power Yoga with Megan Vercellino every Monday night @730PM continues to improve our athletes: physically, mentally, and spiritually (perhaps?). I am fully confident that a dose of this class (or more) improves athleticism across the board. Please contact Megan directly if you’re interested in personal training and/or attending a class she leads other nights of the week and separate locales (she has a VERY BUSY schedule).
- November 1st, time changes… we FALL BACK. Be sure to change your clocks overnight. If you’re still not sure what to do, then please watch this important PSA.
- Saturday Trail Runs at Mae Simmons continue to challenge and grow our athletes. Join David every Saturday morning for GREAT test of your overall fitness. When was the last time you ENJOYED running? Well… if you tried it, you might actually like it! It sure beats running on pavement and dodging traffic!
- Personal training is available to anyone needing additional help (we’ve been doing this for a while but not communicating it consistently). Currently, the base-rate for PT with our coaches is $40 for a 1-hour, 1-person session (discounts are available for 2-on-1 and 3-on-1 sessions). Feel free to contact me or the coaches directly if you have any questions.
- SEVERAL competitions are coming-up (as soon as 2 weeks away)… each of them are a day drive away and/or are offering discounted hotel pricing for competitors. If you (and/or a team) is interested in participating, get with Alec immediately. We’ll make sure you have solid coaching and recommendations to ensure you’re as prepared as possible for the competition, and plenty of Throne swag to represent your community. PLUS, if at all possible, Throne will make sure that a coach goes with you to make sure you have EVERYTHING you need to be successful during the event.
Here are a few more updates:
- 5 years ago, Jonathan McDonald, a 2 year veteran of the Texas Department of Public Safety, was killed while responding to a car accident near Post, Texas on November 15, 2010. On November 7th, we are partnering with Laura McDonald and her daughter to ensure that his service and duty are not forgotten in the local community. Most of you will remember that Laura trains with us during her “off season” as a teacher during the summer. Mark this date on your calendar and show your support!
- On November 8th, we are hosting the WOD with Warriors Armistice workout. REGISTER TODAY so you can sweat with some veterans and help continue our efforts to build a better community for those who have served! If you would like to purchase an event t-shirt, you can buy one for $20 here.
- Another WOD and Wine (Women ONLY) is brewing. If you’re interested, then get with Kim and/or Marissa. Rumor has it that we might be looking at Friday the 13th (of November).
- Also, in November, we’re planning a “Friends-Giving” on Saturday, November 21st. It’s a potluck Thanksgiving feast specifically for you and your loved ones. All members and their families are invited, and yes, we’re going to be as healthy as possible while not sacrificing taste!
- And as if next month wasn’t already full enough already, I’m going to Fort Worth for my CrossFit Gymnastics certification. A CrossFit Gymnastics class is likely to be added to the line-up.
- The Carol of Lights Run on Texas Tech’s campus (that goes onto the field at Jones Stadium) is currently set for Sunday, December 6th. This is a FUN 5K – yes it is a little chilly, but it’s a great time for all involved! Several of us ran in it last year, and had an absolute blast – and it was so FUN that it was EASY to forget how far we were running! Registration is $25 now and increases to $30 on November 6th.
- Also in December (12/11/2015), we are doing the 12 Pains of CrossFit. Check with me if you need details, but rest assured, it will be fun, there will be gifts, AND it will be festive! More details will be provided as we get deeper into the year.
As Jake and Alec step-in to help cover some classes (because they are AWESOME and bring fresh insights to our training), you may (or may not) notice me stepping a little more into the background. While coaching you guys is my first love, my focus needs to expand so Throne can continue to grow and thrive. I am continuing to providing the coaches with feedback and help to make sure they improve their game.
As always, you guys set THE STANDARD for awesome people I want to associate and train with.